5-year-old boy dies after swallowing bedbug


Kyle Lewisa boy who had just turned 5 years, died in her parents’ arms in the UK after swallowing a bedbug. The event took place a month ago, on October 28, when little Kyle, who had celebrated his fifth birthday six days earlier, swallowed a thumbtack.

The little boy had to be revived four times in a leeds hospitalin the county of Yorkshire, north of england, but despite the efforts of doctors, he died three days later from injuries caused by cardiorespiratory arrest. The child was between 90 and 95% of the brain damagedaccording to the British newspaper ‘The Star’.

“Broken” in pain

After multiple convulsions and a rise in temperature, he dies in the arms of his parents, Emma and Mark Lewis, who are “broken” in pain.

Related News

“‘I can’t even explain how I feel. I’m broken beyond words. It doesn’t feel real. I don’t want it to be real. They kept him on life support until we are ready to say goodbye,” she told the newspaper. “But you’re never ready for something like that,” he adds.

Friends of the family set up a website on the 4th to raise money for Kyle’s funeral. “No parent should have to bury their child and at the same time struggle to find the money to do so,” reads the accompanying text of the petition, which 24 days after it was created had 2,595 pounds raised (nearly 3,000 euros).

You may also like...