What is “losing weight”? This is the intensive use of body fat. And in order to lose weight, you need to eat right, not a huge number of pills for weight loss. Their effect is almost identical as with unknown drugs and with the legendary tablets such as Meridia or Phentermine, which can easily be found in the pharmacy.
- Tablets to reduce the feeling of hunger. The active substance Sibutramine, included in their composition, “ensures” us that we are full, as a result of which we eat about 1.5 times less food than usual. With the constant use of such tablets, the volume of the stomach decreases. But after the termination of reception of this agent, it is possible in a “reward” to receive fluctuations of appetite, nausea, headaches, diarrhea…
- Diuretic tablets for weight loss. This kind of tablets is the most dangerous for our body, removing from the body not fat, but salt and liquid, reducing swelling. Salts that excrete these tablets – calcium, potassium, and sodium – are extremely necessary for our body. Being deprived of these important trace elements, a person experiences convulsions, severe nausea, and weakness, changes in blood pressure, the fragility of nails and bones.
- Tablets whose mechanism of action is not fully known. This category of tablets does not really reveal what they are working on and what harm (and this is certain) they will inflict on our body. At best, they will contain harmless flour, starch or fiber, and at worst – one has only to guess.
What are the dangerous drugs for reducing appetite?
To begin with, it is necessary to list the advantages:
- notable suppression of appetite. The recipient does not really feel hunger, and the feeling of satiation comes much faster after eating small amounts of food. And all this, of course, will help to lose weight, and quite fast, so that the result will be noticeable in the very near future,
- most of the remedies cause a surge of energy, so that even with a decrease in the amount of food consumed, symptoms such as lethargy, fatigue, apathy, depression, and mood deterioration will not occur.
Now the shortcomings:
- a huge number of side effects. The most common include increased nervous excitability, increased heart rate, anxiety, sleep disorders, aggression, irritability, mood swings and others. And all these symptoms are noticeable to others and may interfere with the normal life of the person taking the drug,
- there are numerous contraindications. Thus, most drugs are contraindicated in diseases of the cardiovascular and central nervous systems. In addition, the list of contraindications may include metabolic disorders and certain chronic diseases,
- high price. Many remedies are quite expensive,
- short-lived effect. It will be observed only during the reception of the means, and after its termination, everything will return to its own place. Appetite will rise again, and the weight will begin to grow, and the increase may be even more significant than the decrease,
- some really effective drugs are dispensed from pharmacies only on the prescription of a doctor, and getting it is not so simple.
Serious and sad consequences are possible. If you start an appointment without consulting a doctor and do not follow the dosage, the work of the central nervous or cardiovascular system may be disrupted. Some drugs increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes, as well as cardiovascular insufficiency. In addition, all drugs have a direct effect on the brain (on the centers of saturation and hunger), which can disrupt its work.