What is Search Engine Reputation Management?
Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) is essential to ensuring a positive public image for companies online. It involve monitoring and influencing the public perception of the entity and involves the further management of any negative search results or remarks related to it. SERM allows for businesses to address any negative feedback or search results quickly, helping to protect the company’s reputation on the Internet.
Search engine reputation management (SERM) provides businesses and websites with the tools to track activities that could potentially affect their reputations, as well as techniques to promote a positive image. To achieve these objectives, SERM encompasses Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search Marketing, Press Optimization, Blogging and Social Media.
Why is SERM important?
94% of customers won’t do business with an organization that has a bad online reputation, which is why it’s so important to monitor and protect your company’s image. Here are three key reasons why that matters:
– Your company’s value can be drastically improved or negatively impacted by the quality of its online reputation.
– Consumers often make decisions about whether to engage with an individual or a business based solely on what comes up when they search for it online.
– Online review sites are increasingly popular, and people read customer reviews when deciding whether to contact a company.
Search Engine Reputation Management in Minneapolis (Minnesota)
Our team of experts can help you monitor and repair your online reputation, ensuring your best appearance to potential clients. Ignorance of your online presence is hazardous to your business, so it’s vital to remain aware and take action.
How does SERM Work?
Once a brand has faced reputation issues, the next step is restoring their online profile. At our company, we help brands influence a positive view of their brand through online reputation strategies. We use search engine reputation management (SERM) to manipulate the public reputation in a positive direction. SERM combines SEO, social media, and content marketing plus PR to enhance the overall online reputation of the brand. We take the following steps:
- Implement strategic content marketing and promotion on the website and various social media platforms.
- Enhance SEO tactics to encourage visibility of positive content.
- Eliminate any negative posts or content with negative sentiment.
1.- Proactive Monitoring
For effective online reputation management, it is crucial to first monitor it. Leverage search engines and different online resources such as blogs, review platforms, and more, and be actively present in the places your customers frequent. This way, you can address their queries and grievances in advance, and prevent negative criticism from accumulating. Ultimately, by staying alert and monitoring your presence you will safeguard and promote your reputation on the Web.
2.- SERP Cleansing
SERP Cleansing requires you to focus on optimizing the top ten search results for your company. To do that, aggressively publish new content, such as reviews and testimonials, media coverage, and guest posts. This will help to ensure that negative results are minimized or removed from the first few pages of search engine results.
3.- Improve SEO
Enhance SEO by making sure to:
- Increase relevancy and authority with content that is related to your target audience.
- Improve visibility by promoting the content on social media platforms.
- Boost ranking by creating backlinks from other sites.
- Reduce the impact of negative content by creating and optimizing press releases where you control the message.
To optimize your SEO efforts, aim to:
- Increase relevancy and authority of your website by creating content tailored for your target audience.
- Improve visibility by promoting the content across a variety of social media platforms.
- Boost ranking with backlinks from trusted sites.
- Minimize the impact of negative news by creating and optimizing press releases that share your viewpoint.
4.- Respond to Negative Content
Maintaining a presence on consumer forums and review platforms is key to gaining a better understanding of what people think of your brand. This allows you to respond quickly and appropriately to negative content, showing customers you have heard their thoughts and care about their opinions. If an unhappy customer has already left a negative review, you should reach out to apologize and try to resolve the problem. This provides a great opportunity to correct the issues the customer had and help to turn their opinion around.
5.- Social Media Presence
Social media is an effective tool to foster audience growth, trust and influence. By connecting with customers, increased engagement can help build SEO rankings and online presence. Positive feedback from customers boosts reliability in the eyes of the search engines, positively impacting search engine results page positions. Fostering trust and brand awareness enhances search engine performance.
6.- Push Positive Content
Social media is a great way to expand your customer base, enhance your reputation as a leader, and foster trust. It gives you a platform to reach out to customers, helping you to improve your visibility in SERPs. Growing positive recognition and feedback of your company on social media will have a major influence on search engine rankings. The more engagement you can generate through social media, the greater the level of trustworthiness search engines give your brand.
Conclusions for SERM
In order to get started with Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM), there are three important steps to consider:
- Monitor your online reputation. This is especially important in order to protect your brand online and offline. Monitoring activities on social media and building a loyal following is key.
- Pay attention to customer feedback. Transparency is important in order to build trust, so attend to all comments, both positive and negative.
- Leverage SERM experts. Our team of reps can guide you through the process and has worked on more than 500 projects across 30+ countries.