What is Search Engine Reputation Management?
Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) is an essential component of online business success. It involves monitoring and actively influencing the public perception of a company on the internet. Its ultimate goal is to effectively handle negative search results and feedback concerning the business. By monitoring the company’s presence online and undertaking appropriate measures, SERM can drastically improve an organization’s reputation and attract potential customers. In this way, it could become a fundamental component of success for businesses operating in the digital age.
Search engine reputation management (SERM) offers businesses and websites the chance to be mindful of processes that could potentially damage their reputations – and those which could boost them. These processes include SEO, Paid Search Marketing, Press Optimization, Blogging and Social Media. With SERM, companies have a powerful tool to protect and enhance their online reputation.
Why is SERM important?
Data from ReviewTrackers reveals that 94% of consumers have changed their minds about a business after reading a bad review. It’s important to be aware of this and monitor online reviews, as the reputation of your company has a direct impact on its market value. Plus, people increasingly turn to reviews from fellow users when searching for someone to work with. These sites have become extremely popular in the online community, as potential buyers examine reviews before even connecting with a brand.
Search Engine Reputation Management in St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador)
Our experts are dedicated to making sure your online reputation looks its best to potential customers. It’s essential to be aware of your online presence – not having knowledge of what’s being said on the web isn’t just irresponsible, it can be detrimental to your business. Monitor and take action to protect your reputation and ensure success.
How does SERM Work?
Once the reputation of a brand is challenged, the next step is regaining the trust and support of the public. We understand what it takes to successfully guide a brand towards a favorable online view through well articulated and trend-informed online reputation strategies. At our company, we offer a suite of Search Engine Reputation Management services to manipulate and influence public perception in a positive light. SERM is a multidimensional process combining key elements of SEO, social media, content marketing, and public relations to affect online reputation recognition. Our approach involves steps such as:
- Utilizing SEO tactics to ensure constructive content is visible in search results
- Expanding your social media presence and engagement
- Creating and distributing content of excellent quality
- Utilizing multiple channels of communication with the media
1.- Proactive Monitoring
To ensure the highest level of protection and improved reputation on the Web, proactively monitor your presence online. Utilize search engines to keep track of how your company is perceived, review blogs, read feedback and ratings from other various platforms. Over time, make sure you are present wherever your customers are engaging online. This approach will enable you to pick up and quickly address any pressing questions or concerns of customers – this can help to eliminate potential negative feedback.
2.- SERP Cleansing
SERP Cleansing is the practice of removing negative search engine results from the top pages. To optimize the top ten search results for your business, create new, impactful content such as customer reviews, media coverage, guest posts and other positive content about your company. Aggressively publishing this type of content can have a huge impact on your search engine results.
3.- Improve SEO
Enhance SEO by making sure to:
- Increase relevancy and authority with content that is related to your target audience.
- Improve visibility by promoting the content on social media platforms.
- Boost ranking by creating backlinks from other sites.
- Reduce the impact of negative content by creating and optimizing press releases where you control the message.
To optimize your SEO efforts, aim to:
- Increase relevancy and authority of your website by creating content tailored for your target audience.
- Improve visibility by promoting the content across a variety of social media platforms.
- Boost ranking with backlinks from trusted sites.
- Minimize the impact of negative news by creating and optimizing press releases that share your viewpoint.
4.- Respond to Negative Content
Responding to negative content is critical in order to improve customer relationships, and there are several avenues to do so. Communities, forums, and review platforms offer a great opportunity to connect with an unsatisfied customer. By showing your concern and apologizing for their negative experience, you can go a long way towards appeasing and potentially influencing their opinion. However, if you are not actively monitoring the sentiment of customers, you may have to take drastic measures or risk your brand reputation.
5.- Social Media Presence
Social media is a powerful platform for building and sustaining your audience, building trust, and gaining influence. It’s a chance to connect with customers and boost your SERP positions. The higher the engagement levels on your social media, the more trustworthy your brand and website will be in the eyes of search engines. Through positive feedback and mentions of your company or brand, your ranking and online presence will be reinforced.
6.- Push Positive Content
Social media can be an incredibly powerful tool for achieving your business goals. It is effective at connecting you to potential customers, improving your visibility on search engine result pages, and boosting your standing in terms of trust and leadership. With increased engagement on social networks, your credibility with search engines is boosted, making it more likely that you will be seen at the top of the list when someone runs a search on the topic. Posting positive reviews and feedback of your product or service will also have a big effect on SERPs, helping to create a search engine-friendly environment for your brand.
Conclusions for SERM
In order to get started with Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM), there are three important steps to consider:
- Monitor your online reputation. This is especially important in order to protect your brand online and offline. Monitoring activities on social media and building a loyal following is key.
- Pay attention to customer feedback. Transparency is important in order to build trust, so attend to all comments, both positive and negative.
- Leverage SERM experts. Our team of reps can guide you through the process and has worked on more than 500 projects across 30+ countries.