What is Search Engine Reputation Management?
Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) is essential to ensuring a positive public image for companies online. It involve monitoring and influencing the public perception of the entity and involves the further management of any negative search results or remarks related to it. SERM allows for businesses to address any negative feedback or search results quickly, helping to protect the company’s reputation on the Internet.
Search engine reputation management (SERM) provides businesses and websites with the tools to track activities that could potentially affect their reputations, as well as techniques to promote a positive image. To achieve these objectives, SERM encompasses Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search Marketing, Press Optimization, Blogging and Social Media.
Why is SERM important?
Research from ReviewTrackers shows that 94% of consumers have been dissuaded from going to a business due to negative reviews they have seen online; making it essential to pay attention to your company’s reputation. There are three main reasons why this is vital:
– Your organisation’s market value is determined by how well regarded your business is.
– Increasing numbers of users are turning to the internet to make decisions about who or what they interact with.
– People now rely on reviews from other customers to inform their choice when considering a brand.
Search Engine Reputation Management in Toronto (Ontario)
Our experts are here to help you ensure your online reputation is in top condition. Through monitoring and repair services, we will help you keep the impression of your business looking its best so potential customers will view you favorably. Ignoring your online presence could prove to be disastrous for you business – never leave yourself unknowing. Let us help and take the necessary steps to protect your brand.
How does SERM Work?
Once a brand loses reputation, steps must be taken to restore its standing. People ask if they can alter their Google reputation and the answer is “yes”. Our firm helps brands rebuild their image through online reputation management strategies. Through search engine reputation management, we aim to influence a positive perception of the brand. SERM is multi-faceted and involves SEO, social media, content marketing, and PR. Here are some of the steps we take to achieve this:
- Optimizing website content
- Creating positive content about the brand
- Spreading the content through influencers
- Using SEO tools to reach the right audience
- Building relationships with customers
- Disputing negative feedback with facts
1.- Proactive Monitoring
Proactive Monitoring is key to protecting and improving your reputation online. Search across a range of online channels, such as search engines, blogs and review platforms, to stay up to date with how you’re seen by your customers. Being active in these online conversations means you can address queries, answer complaints and handle feedback before it has a chance to turn negative. This will help build your company’s reputation on the Web.
2.- SERP Cleansing
For SERP Cleansing, the aim is to clean the top pages of the search engine results of any negative results. It’s essential to ensure that the top ten search results for your company are optimized. To make this possible, you need to actively produce content related to your business, such as reviews, testimonials, media coverage, guest posts, and other relevant pieces.
3.- Improve SEO
To improve SEO, you need to:
- Assess your website content, identifying weak points and opportunities to improve;
- Monitor your competition, track what strategies they are using and figure out how to beat them;
- Research the most relevant keywords for your industry, including long-tail phrases;
- Optimize content so that it’s seen as relevant to the search engine algorithms;
- Utilize backlinks, making sure they come from reliable sources;
- Periodically review and analyze your website performance to see if your efforts are paying off.
To enhance SEO, you should assess the content of your website, monitor your competition, research keywords relevant to your industry, optimize your content to appear more relevant to search engine algorithms, build up backlinks from credible sources, and analyze & review website performance regularly. Doing so will allow you to identify weak points, explore opportunities to improve, gain insights into competitors’ strategies, and track the efficacy of your efforts.
4.- Respond to Negative Content
Maintaining a presence on consumer forums and review platforms is key to gaining a better understanding of what people think of your brand. This allows you to respond quickly and appropriately to negative content, showing customers you have heard their thoughts and care about their opinions. If an unhappy customer has already left a negative review, you should reach out to apologize and try to resolve the problem. This provides a great opportunity to correct the issues the customer had and help to turn their opinion around.
5.- Social Media Presence
Social media is a powerful tool to help build credibility, authority, and trust with your customers. By consistently engaging and connecting with your audience, you can significantly enhance your SERP positions. All of the positive comments and feedback that occur on your social media channels provide Search Engines with an indication of your trustworthiness and authority, resulting in improved rankings.
It’s an excellent way to continually connect with your customers and promote your brand. By actively participating on social channels, you’ll create more opportunities to engage with your target audience and gain a more positive online presence. Ultimately, this will lead to improved SERP positions.
6.- Push Positive Content
Social media has the potential to be a powerful tool to increase your audience, strengthen your leadership and boost your trust. With social media, you have the capability to connect with your customers while simultaneously significantly elevating your visibility on SERPs. Receiving good feedback and references for your business across social media channels will have a significantly positive effect on your search engine rankings. The more engagement you are able to acquire and amplify through social media, the more trustworthiness search engines will give to your brand.
Conclusions for SERM
In order to get started with Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM), there are three important steps to consider:
- Monitor your online reputation. This is especially important in order to protect your brand online and offline. Monitoring activities on social media and building a loyal following is key.
- Pay attention to customer feedback. Transparency is important in order to build trust, so attend to all comments, both positive and negative.
- Leverage SERM experts. Our team of reps can guide you through the process and has worked on more than 500 projects across 30+ countries.