Sex/Life Season 2 has officially wrapped filming and is coming soon to Netflix in 2023. In this preview of the second season, We’ll keep you updated with the latest production updates, casting news, trailers, and a Netflix release date the moment we have one.
Sex/Life is a romantic comedy series that set the internet ablaze in the summer of 2021 thanks to its risqué scenes and raunchy moments. Without a doubt, the surprise “package” of the Summer was seen by millions around the world. The series was created by Stacy Rukeyser, who previously worked as a producer on Unreal Y Twisted.
Before we dive into our preview, here’s an official trailer for the new season.
When Sex/Life Season 2 release on Netflix?
On February 2, 2023, Netflix confirmed that all episodes of season 2 of Sex/Life would fall on March 2, 2023, with a Tweet promising that Sex/Life is “back and bigger than ever.”
Along with the release date announcement, we got some preview images of the new season:
When was season 2 of Sex/Life confirmed and how well did season 1 perform?
Official Netflix Renewal Status: Renewed (Last update: 09/12/2021)
In August 2021 it was reported that Netflix had quietly renewed Sex/Life. It is not surprising that the series was renewed thanks to a scene in particular that caused a great stir in the networks.
Ever since Netflix started tracking numbers by the hour, Sex/Life has been watched for 282.1 million hours while on Netflix’s global top ten list.
Here’s a breakdown of how well the show did in the top 10 (note that we’re missing the first week of views because Netflix’s data only goes up to June 27).
|week period||Hours seen (M)||Range||Week in the Top 10|
|June 27, 2021 to July 4, 2021||86,730,000||one||one|
|July 4, 2021 to July 11, 2021||69,860,000 (-19%)||one||2|
|July 11, 2021 to July 18, 2021||45,000,000 (-36%)||3||3|
|July 18, 2021 to July 25, 2021||31,200,000 (-31%)||3||4|
|July 25, 2021 to August 1, 2021||21,620,000 (-31%)||6||5|
|August 1, 2021 to August 8, 2021||15,500,000 (-28%)||8||6|
|August 8, 2021 to August 15, 2021||12,190,000 (-21%)||9||7|
According to FlixPatrol’s top 10 facts, Sex/Life is the fourth best-performing Netflix original series of 2021 and the best original series in English of the year. Only squid game, money heist Y Lupine overcome Sex/Life.
In the USA, Nielsen tracked viewership figures for the first season in over 449 million minutes watched.
Sex/Life has been renewed for Season 2!
The first season was watched by 67 million households, and 20 million of us rewound *that* scene at least once. pic.twitter.com/JQqyFLj3cN
-netflix (@netflix) September 27, 2021
What is the production status of Sex/Life season 2?
According to the Canadian Directors Guildthe show was in pre-production as of November 2021 in Ontario, Canada.
On January 22, 2022, Stacy Rukeyser (the executive producer of Sex/Life) revealed that all the scripts were finished in season 2 with the final episode of season 2, “Heavenly Day”.
And so… there is a season finale. Preparing for @sexlife season 2! #sexlife pic.twitter.com/cy1KOBL2zE
—Stacy Rukeyser (@littleruke) January 22, 2022
Thanks to the information that appears in Production Weekly Issue #1276Shooting is reportedly scheduled to begin on February 7, 2022. Filming will last several weeks before the end of the April 29, 2022.
He Canadian Directors Guild reports that post-production on the show will run until June 17, and sound posting (things like ADR) will run until the end of October 2022.
Cast members have been teasing a return to production during January 2022.
- Mike Vogel posted in late January 2022 that he was back in Toronto anticipating production. destination “Back at that…. @sexlife S2. What better place to start than the best gym in Toronto.”
- Stacy Rukeyser posted that she would soon be gone for Vancouver in January 2022.
- On January 28, Adam Demos posted on Instagram “It’s almost time to start @sexlife Season 2 Pumped up!”
- Throughout March and April, many shots were found in and around Toronto for the Season 2 production.
SEX LIFE filming at the ROM in Toronto @TOFilming_EM @WhatsFilmingON pic.twitter.com/clnFYpXQJN
— the FilmTripper (@theFilmTripper) March 2, 2022
Sex/Life recording at Trinity Bellwoods today. Adam Demos and Sarah Shahi on set. @WhatsFilmingON @TOFilming_EM pic.twitter.com/WV1QWrAtQr
-AQ (@ameam) April 6, 2022
- On April 28, Meghan Heffern posted that it was her last day on set adding “Caroline is not steamy. Caroline is Caroline, but regardless, I think everyone is going to be very pleased with the second season of Sex Life.”
- On May 10, Danielle Statuto, who serves as the series editor, posted on instagram who was editing the season finale of Sex/Life season 2.
- In September 2022Stacy Rukeyser tweeted that they were dubbing the series into “18 languages, adding 4 from Season 1.”
What are the cast members coming back for? Sex/Life season 2?
We will definitely see a lot of actors return from the first season.
Naturally, we will see the return of Sarah Shahi, Mike Vogel and Adam Demos, the actors behind Netflix’s spiciest love triangle.
We can expect to see the following actors return in Sex/Life season 2:
|Billie Connelly||sarah shahi|
|cooper connelly||mike vogel|
|brad simon||adam demos|
|sasha snow||daisy odette|
|Francesca||li jun li|
At the end of February 2022, we also received news about who will join the Sex/Life season 2:
- wallis day (known for playing Kate Kane in batwoman and Agent Shin in Infinite) will play Gigi.
- craig bierko (known by Unreal) will play Mick.
- dylan bruce (who starred in Orphan Black and Midnight, Texas) will play Spencer.
- darius homayoun (known for playing Amir on Succession and Peyman on Apple TV+’s Tehran) will play Majid.
- cleo anthony (appearing in Divergent, Transparent, and NCIS) plays Kam.
In other Sex/Life news, the showrunner recently contributed to a lengthy Vice article discussing how showrunning is currently in crisis.
We also know that Jessika Borsiczky will return to direct in season 2.
Are you waiting for the release of Sex/Life season 2 on netflix? Let us know in the comments below!