Some would argue that dry January is still in effect in the last full week of January 2023, but there are still a few things to look forward to over the next seven days. Here are all the new movies and series currently scheduled to hit Netflix US until January 29, 2023.
Big deletes over the next seven days include the hateful eight (plus the extended series edition) and Z Nation seasons 1 to 5, plus there are plenty of movies you should watch before they’re gone in February 2023.
With January 2023 drawing to a close, we expect a full list of new arrivals for February 2023 next week.
Now, let’s take a look at what we’re expecting this week:
The most anticipated Netflix releases this week
Your people (2023)
Coming to Netflix: Friday
After opening in select theaters starting January 20, Netflix users around the world will be able to catch the new Kenya Barris film starring Jonah Hill and Eddie Murphy at the end of the week.
The two-hour long film is about a new couple meeting their parents for the first time, with plenty of culture shock causing unnecessary tension.
Joining Murphy and Hill are Lauren London, David Duchovny, Nia Long and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
lockwood and company
Coming to Netflix: Friday
The big new series of the week originates from the UK and hails from attack the block Director Joe Cornish.
Here’s what you can expect from the new series:
“A trio of teenage ghost hunters – two gifted boys and a girl with rare psychic abilities – run a small agency investigating the deadly spirits that haunt London.”
After a very difficult year for fantasy shows YA on Netflix in 2022 (First murder, warrior nunY mean bad all were cancelled), will Lockwood & Co be able to get 2023 off to a better start?
Coming to Netflix: Monday
On the international front this week, Narvik is looking to scratch the same itch that All calm on the west front delivered in 2022.
Originally from Norway, the World War II film is set against the backdrop of what was cited as Hitler’s first major defeat in the war. It will follow a Norwegian soldier who returns home and sees what happened to his wife.
The film premiered in Norway over Christmas and is now coming exclusively to Netflix.
Erik Skjoldbjaerg directs.
Full list of what’s coming to Netflix this week
Arrives on Netflix on January 23
- Black Sun Baby! (2022)
Minions: The Rise of Gru (2022)
- Narvik (2023) Netflix Original
Note: You’ll notice that Minions is crossed out because it was pushed back to next week.
Arrives on Netflix on January 24
- George Lopez: Why are you crying? (2005)
- Little Angel (Season 2)
- Physical: 100 (Season 1) Netflix Original
Arrives on Netflix on January 25
- Against the Ropes (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Start Over (2013)
- Love Never Lies: Poland (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Endless Night (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Price of Family (2023) Netflix Original
Coming to Netflix on January 26
- 18 pages (2022)
- An Action Hero (2022)
- Daniel Bewitched (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, One Journey, One Song (2022)
- Record of Ragnarok (Season 2 – Episodes 1-10) Netflix Original
Coming to Netflix on January 27
- Kings of Jo’Burg (Season 2) Netflix Presents
- Lockwood & Co. (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Snow Girl (Season 1) Netflix Original
- You (2023) Netflix Original
It hits Netflix on January 28.
- InuYasha (Season 3)
- Raangi (2020)
Weekly Episodes Coming to Netflix This Week
- A Clean Sweep – New episode on Sunday
- Crash Course in Love – New episodes Saturday and Sunday
- The Gentlemen’s League – New episode on Sunday
- The Love Interest – New Episode Wednesday
- Vinland Saga – New episode on Monday
What will you watch on Netflix over the next week? Let us know in the comments below.