What is Search Engine Reputation Management?
SERM stands for Search Engine Reputation Management, and it involves a variety of strategies and tactics to help you manage your online reputation. These include Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Paid Search Marketing, Press Optimization, Blogging, and Social Media. By utilizing SERM, you can ensure that you have a positive presence on the web, and that your brand is properly represented.
Search engine reputation management (SERM) provides businesses and websites with the tools to track activities that could potentially affect their reputations, as well as techniques to promote a positive image. To achieve these objectives, SERM encompasses Search Engine Optimization, Paid Search Marketing, Press Optimization, Blogging and Social Media.
Why is SERM important?
94% of customers won’t do business with an organization that has a bad online reputation, which is why it’s so important to monitor and protect your company’s image. Here are three key reasons why that matters:
– Your company’s value can be drastically improved or negatively impacted by the quality of its online reputation.
– Consumers often make decisions about whether to engage with an individual or a business based solely on what comes up when they search for it online.
– Online review sites are increasingly popular, and people read customer reviews when deciding whether to contact a company.
Search Engine Reputation Management in Phoenix (Arizona)
Our experts are here to help you ensure your online reputation is in top condition. Through monitoring and repair services, we will help you keep the impression of your business looking its best so potential customers will view you favorably. Ignoring your online presence could prove to be disastrous for you business – never leave yourself unknowing. Let us help and take the necessary steps to protect your brand.
How does SERM Work?
Once a brand has faced reputation issues, the next step is restoring their online profile. At our company, we help brands influence a positive view of their brand through online reputation strategies. We use search engine reputation management (SERM) to manipulate the public reputation in a positive direction. SERM combines SEO, social media, and content marketing plus PR to enhance the overall online reputation of the brand. We take the following steps:
- Implement strategic content marketing and promotion on the website and various social media platforms.
- Enhance SEO tactics to encourage visibility of positive content.
- Eliminate any negative posts or content with negative sentiment.
1.- Proactive Monitoring
To maintain and improve your online reputation, you need to keep an eye on it. Utilize search engines, blogs, and reviews platforms among sources to monitor the landscape. Additionally, your company should have a presence on online platforms such as social media or forums where your customers are engaging. You should be able to answer queries and concerns before they lead to negative feedback.
2.- SERP Cleansing
SERP Cleansing requires you to focus on optimizing the top ten search results for your company. To do that, aggressively publish new content, such as reviews and testimonials, media coverage, and guest posts. This will help to ensure that negative results are minimized or removed from the first few pages of search engine results.
3.- Improve SEO
Enhance SEO by making sure to:
- Increase relevancy and authority with content that is related to your target audience.
- Improve visibility by promoting the content on social media platforms.
- Boost ranking by creating backlinks from other sites.
- Reduce the impact of negative content by creating and optimizing press releases where you control the message.
To optimize your SEO efforts, aim to:
- Increase relevancy and authority of your website by creating content tailored for your target audience.
- Improve visibility by promoting the content across a variety of social media platforms.
- Boost ranking with backlinks from trusted sites.
- Minimize the impact of negative news by creating and optimizing press releases that share your viewpoint.
4.- Respond to Negative Content
Make sure your organization stays on top of customer feedback and is prepared to respond to negative content as quickly as possible. When doing so:
- Reach out and contact the customer. Let them know you heard their feedback and are taking steps to address it.
- Apologize for any negative experience they may have encountered.
- Ask specific questions about their experience, allowing them to explain the issue in detail.
To effectively respond to negative content, be sure your organization is proactively monitoring customer feedback. Reach out to unsatisfied customers and apologize for their negative experience. Ask specific questions so they can fully explain the issue at hand, and then take action to remedy the situation. Doing this will ensure the customer feels heard and their needs are being addressed, improving brand loyalty and future interactions.
5.- Social Media Presence
Social media is a powerful platform for building and sustaining your audience, building trust, and gaining influence. It’s a chance to connect with customers and boost your SERP positions. The higher the engagement levels on your social media, the more trustworthy your brand and website will be in the eyes of search engines. Through positive feedback and mentions of your company or brand, your ranking and online presence will be reinforced.
6.- Push Positive Content
Social media is a great way to expand your customer base, enhance your reputation as a leader, and foster trust. It gives you a platform to reach out to customers, helping you to improve your visibility in SERPs. Growing positive recognition and feedback of your company on social media will have a major influence on search engine rankings. The more engagement you can generate through social media, the greater the level of trustworthiness search engines give your brand.
Conclusions for SERM
Getting started with SERM is easy when you take cognisance of a few key things. First, it’s important that you monitor your online and offline presence – this helps you protect your reputation. Additionally, it’s essential that you foster a good online presence through active social media, helping you build and maintain relationships with your customers. Finally, don’t forget to pay attention to customer feedback – responding to both positive and negative comments can win you trust and respect. If you need extra support, the Search Engine Reputation Management experts at our networks of agencies have worked on projects in more than 30 countries and counting.